Family Helper Program
Family is an integral part of any society, and a Family well-educated and socio-economically sound is an asset to its community and society. This project is mainly to provide relief to the poor and needy families till they attain a state of self-reliance.
To assist poor and needy families in their daily struggles and to bring a ray of hope in their lives.
Target Area :
Dakshina Kannada and Udupi Districts of Karnataka State and Kasargod Taluk in Kerala State.
- Widow with many children
- Breadwinner of the family is sickly
- Families with 5 cents land holding with small hut
- Husband has abandoned the family
- Poor families with many school going children in the family
- Families which are unable to bring up their children due to dire poverty.
- Visiting the families to gauge the progress made by them.
- Organizing training programmes on value based topics
- Providing financial assistance for education of the children and emergency needs
- Establishing and maintaining contact between the family and the benefactor
- Improving the financial capacity of the family through formation of Self Help Groups and Savings
- Ensuring self-reliance of the family through training in income generating projects.
- Over 365 families have become self-reliant and are phased out.
- 103 families from 49 centres are presently receiving assistance.
Future Thrust :
To assist many more needy families in their all-round development.