Educare is inviting applications from eligible students for the year 2020-21. Kindly read the rules carefully before proceeding.
Rules and Regulations
Student’s eligibility (Freshers)
- Minimum qualification required to apply for Educare loan is II PUC or equivalent in a 10+2 education system. Those students applying for Graduate or Post graduate or University recognized Diplomas must also complete II PUC or equivalent in a 10+2 as their minimum qualification.
- Student must have scored minimum of 65% marks for General courses like Graduation, Post graduation, Diploma and nursing courses and 75% marks for Professional courses like Engineering, Medical, Hotel Management in pre-graduation examinations. If excellent ranking is secured in qualifying entrance test like NEET/CET/COMEDK, relaxation up to 70% may be considered subject to decision of the Educare committee.
- Students applying for correspondence courses, part time courses, private studies and specific job courses at tutorials are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for this loan. This loan is only for those students pursuing regular university level degrees or diplomas.
- The Annual income of the entire family from all sources (both parents and any unmarried siblings) should be less than Rs. 3,60,000/- (Rs. Three lakhs sixty thousand only)
- Only Catholic students domiciled in Mangalore and Udupi Dioceses can apply. (Proof of residence must be produced,– such as MESCOM bill for present residence in the name of either parent or last school leaving certificate.)
- Overseas education/courses are not supported by Educare. Education outside of Karnataka state will be considered only if the courses are not available within the state.
- To be eligible to apply for this loan, the student must have received the Government scholarship for minorities for the previous year (Proof of receipt of such scholarship must be produced.)
- Only those students who get admission under NEET/CET/COMED-K/PGCET or any equivalent government competitive examinations will be considered. (Proof must be produced.) EDUCARE DOES NOT SUPPORT MANAGEMENT QUOTA SEATS.
- A maximum of two siblings per family is supported.
INCOMPLETE AND MISREPRESENTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED WITHOUT NOTICE.
II. Student’s eligibility (Renewals)
- Student must obtain minimum of 65% marks in their last qualifying exam. Proof of marks obtained must be produced at the time of the interview. Those students, who have not obtained 65%, please do not apply for this loan.
- Please ensure that all documents are submitted at the time of application or at the time of interview. Failing to submit marks cards or required documents of previous examination before the interview will result in rejection of the application.
Fresh and renewal students can submit their applications online from 15th June 2020 onwards but before due dates specified below. Submission of loan application is accepted even if the admission is at a later date. Students are advised to read instructions before completing the form and make sure that all the relevant documents are available to proceed with the application.
The Educare executive committee supervising the loan disposal is the final authority for approval and disbursement of loans. The committee reserves the right to reject any application that in its view is not genuine, not deserving, and incomplete without providing any explanation to the applicant.
Application submission process:
- Students who desire to apply for Educare loan must go to the website www.educarecodp.in and complete the application in full and submit it online.
- You will have a print option while submitting the application. Please print the application, obtain the required recommendation (Gurkar) and signature. Submit the application to the respective church offices at least 10 days before the last date of submission notified for 2020.
- All applications received in church office to be placed before a committee appointed by the Parish Priest i.e. finance committee or Education committee.
- The appointed committee to screen/evaluate and approve genuine/needy applications for Educare loan and duly signed by the Vice President of the PPC and the Parish Priest.
Such approved applications may be forwarded to CODP directly by the parish office or may be handed over to students to be submitted to CODP prior to due date specified for 2020.
IV. Documents required at the time of submitting the application are:
- Completed application signed by Gurkar, PPC vice president and Parish Priest.
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of Ration card
- Copy of latest marks card (May be submitted at a later date but before the interview)
- Copy of latest electricity bill/MESCOM bill
- Proof of scholarships applied/received
V. The last (due) dates to apply online are:
- For the all renewal applications 15.08.2020
- For fresh graduation, Diploma application 15.08.2020
- For fresh post-graduation, BE applications 31.08.2020
- B.Ed, Nursing and Medical 30.09.2020
For any clarifications please contact Educare Desk of CODP, Kadri hills, Nanthoor, Bejai Post, Mangalore – 575 004 during office hours.
Phone: 0824-2221109 / 9480511580